Matched by Ally Condie

From L.A. Times
Hey you guys! For the last month or so I have been reading the book 'Matched' by Ally Condie, between school, work, and wanting to take my time, it took me a while to get through it. Lol However, it is a fantastic book! Some reviewers compared it to 'Twilight' and 'The Hunger Games,' its not really anything close to 'Twilight,' but that could be just my opinion, however it does reflect a bit of 'The Hunger Games.' I would definitely recommend it, it was an excellent read! Condie's writing style I thought was a little basic at first, but then as I kept going it felt as though she got more and more confident and let herself play around and take risks. She is very poetic and creative in her writing style, which I loved. Her character development was excellent,  I was really able to connect with the main character Cassia, she wasn't annoying or absurd, which is the problem I had with Bella in 'Twilight.'   For being a sci-fi fantasy book, it was pretty realistic, meaning I found it believable. The idea of the "society" in her book is where the reviewers got the "like Hunger Games"  idea, the society controls every thing with rules for a "perfect society" and if you challenge those rules the society will snuff you out. The romance was enjoyable, but not outrageous. I loved the first book SO much that I am getting the second one, and I am so excited about it, the next book is entitled: Crossed. If you check out Condie's site, you will see there that there are  rumors about them making a movie as well, which is also exciting, however I hope they stick close to the book because I can't really see them changing anything...we shall see. So here it is: Matched by Ally Condie


indiebound.org
Matched
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Comments

Popular Posts